A family farm

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost all started

Monday night I got busy again and planted 3 small hanging baskets and 2 large ones. I used impantiens seeds and convulvulus flowers of an assorted variety of colors. I'm excited to see if they work out! Fortunately, I planted them with enough time to make sure they work out before going to a greenhouse and purchasing already made hanging baskets. I did forget to plant my fun-shaped one, however. I'll have to do that this weekend. I also seed-started my tomatoes and all my hot peppers. I have jalapenos going as well as chili and a general hot pepper that I think is another chili. All I have to start is my bell peppers. Again, another project for Sunday. My Saturday is filling up as we are picking up another goat, perhaps taking this one in trade for one of our baby does. He is a dun-colored Nubian wether named William. He is 2 years old. He should fit right in with the rest of our goats. Chris is going to be making the goat pen bigger. It will be dividable so we can separate out the girls from the boys in August so we don't have any late winter babies. It was awful cold for Lily's babies. I know they are alright, but still. They were born in February! I'm also wondering if Naomi is pregnant. There's no real way to tell until a few more months have passed. Wouldn't that be something? Also, on Saturday, I'm taking Clare and Tami to possibly get dehorned. That should be fun. Then Saturday evening I have a big DATE with my husband! We are going to see Bob Seger!!!!!

No comments: