A family farm

Monday, March 14, 2011

This weekend ...

This weekend was fantastic! I spent time with friends and family and just really enjoyed myself. I also found out that what I seed-started a mere 5 days ago has sprouted! I have little 1-inch tall red and green cabbages and kohlrabi! My brussel sprouts are nearly ready to pop out of the seeds. In fact you can see a bit of the sprouts peeking out of the seeds. I also got a 6'x6' shed to start my greenhouse! I'm going to replace the roof with opaque fiberglass and frame it and put it on hinges so I can raise the roof to allow for breezes to cool the greenhouse in the summer. This should be fun! I'm looking forward to experimenting and seeing what I can do with some plants. I have a few other ideas as well. I'm sure happy I saved those 2 parts to the slider from Marcy's house.

No comments: