A family farm

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello Spring!

My onions are popping up! Woo Hoo! Hopefully over the next couple of days I'll see some lettuce, spinach and peas. I'm going to plant turnips and carrots this weekend. I also have to move my blueberry bushes. We're still working on the outside of the chicken coop and hopefully this weekend we'll have that finished up as well so I can rescue an iris that they have practically pecked to death. We're going to a farm sale at Newago county fairgrounds in Fremont this weekend as well and hopefully we'll be able to buy a couple more chickens. I also have to make a screen of some sort for my strawberries. I need to keep the wild birds off from them! I have to use my Home Depot coupon this weekend and pick up 2 trees. I'm not sure what they'll be. Probably a maple and a flowering pear. Does anyone know if a flowering pear bear fruit?

No comments: