A family farm

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Vegetables

Kellie and I looked at our backyard space and kind of made a decision as to where we are going to expand our garden. It looks like we'll be making it nearly twice as big.

The vegetables we're going to put in are: purple beans, green beans, wax beans, zucchini, bush cucumbers, bell peppers (assorted colors), snap peas, tomatoes - several varieties, potatoes, carrots, turnips, onions, cauliflower, kale, eggplant, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, sunflowers and spinach. In the back garden, planted among the weeds, will be pumpkins, gourds, buttercup squash, spaghetti squash, watermelon and cantaloupe.

It's almost time. Almost time to start seed-starting in the house. I'm going to have to buy a bunch more trays and dirt. Kellie and I are working on the shed to get that ready for the chickens, but the shed also doubles as a gardening storage area. It's central to my garden. There is so much to do! Speaking of so much to do, I have to get the tile in my kitchen finished. The 2nd thing I wanted to get done on my day off from work!

No comments: