A family farm

Monday, February 22, 2010

To start or not to start ... that is the question

I think I'm going to seed-start my herbs and flowers. I bought several I didn't think I was going to, but I haven't found Winter Savory yet. I also just ordered Joe Pye Weed from the net because I wasn't able to find it where I looked - probably because it is a wildflower. Anyway, I picked up Tarragon, Oregano, Rosemary, Bee Balm, Lavender and Poppies. I'm going to seed start them all, then sell the extra plants. I've got enough pots from stuff I've purchased over the past year, so when they get big I can transplant. Flowerland had all their seeds at 30% off, and if you bought ten, you got a big bag of seed starter soil (originally $20) for $5. I limited my seed purchases to 20 and got two bags for $5. The soil offer was on Saturday only. I'm so glad I listened to the Flowerland show!!! Gotta Love Rick Vuyst!!!

I picked up three new and interesting vegetable choices: Japanese extra long cucumber, a lemon cucumber and chocolate cherry tomatoes! We loved the purple beans so much that we just have to try a few new options.

I also have plans to build a small greenhouse.

Oh, the excitement is building!!! 2 weeks to the home & garden show!!! I'm breaking out with spring fever ... oh boy!

No comments: