A family farm

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

planting

I'm planting some potatoes tonight in bins. I'm digging up some of the chicken coop dirt and putting that at the bottome, then some straw and then I will nestle some seed potatoes amid the straw. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works over the summer. Last year's potato crop was awful. With this method, I shouldn't even have to dig them up - just remove the straw. I'm also hoping to plant my tomatoes and peppers and hang my baskets. I have three baskets that have put out some flower plants. We'll see how they continue to grow with the elements. All of my stuff has been able to get cold ... oh, this reminds me - I need to text my husband to open up the door of the little greenhouse so my plants don't get too hot! oops! ... anyway ... get cold because my 4-shelf greenhouse is outdoors and subject to the elements out there.

No comments: