A family farm

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Out of Hibernation?

Is it time to come out of hibernation yet? Nope. This morning brought freezing rain and near blizzard conditions. Basketball practice at my daughter's school has just been cancelled. I have to say, as much as I love the seasons, the onset of spring is really tugging at me. I need some warmer weather to butcher my ducks and start my gardening. I need to pull my little greenhouse indoors and plant some seeds to get them started, but I'm afraid I'm a little bit early. Well, perhaps I can get some tomatoes, peppers and brussel sprouts started ... we'll see. It's just tough. We have a warm-up where the weather gets above 40 degrees, and it will either be sunny or rain; then, the temperatures will drop, like they did this morning, and we'll have freezing rain followed by snow showers. Finally, however, the daylight hours are getting longer and doing evening chores is more enjoyable. Soon the time change will ruin that, but it will be lighter in the morning. I think I like longer daylight hours in the evening better. I think I'm just suffering through some seasonal depression ... but I think that I'll get through. I think this weekend I may have to purchase some seeds and get that started. I also need to yank nails and spackle and prime my bathroom. That's a job I really need to finish. I think I should be too busy to have spring fever???? Oh, February, literally the shortest month of the year, why are you so very long?!?!?!?!!!!???

No comments: